Quantcast
feat0

Positive Pinoy: my personal journey with HIV.

I was diagnosed last March 29, 2012 in a time that I was supposed to leave the country in a couple more weeks. I had my medical exam, and the result returned POSITIVE. From then on, my journey with HIV began.

Read More
feat2

What's New?: gateway to useful links on local and international news and updates about HIV.

A summary collection of medical articles, research news, and science breakthroughs on HIV/AIDS, STIs, and other related diseases.

Read More
feat3

HIV 101: Basic information for the newly-diagnosed.

Understand the basics, know the facts, and take care of yourself. This section contains basic information about HIV/AIDS.

Read More
feat4

Social Media: going viral against HIV/AIDS and other STIs.

The entrance of social media in spreading awareness about HIV/AIDS has gone viral. Famous personalities and the common man alike showed their support not just to HIV education but also with regards to the lives and struggles of the LGBT community.

Read More
feat5

Health Events: listing of wellness and advocacy events for HIV-positive individuals and friends.

This section contains a summary listing of knowledge-sharing events on HIV, mass HIV testing, and other wellness events that will strengthen the overall health of HIV-positive individuals.

Read More

13) The Reunion: not a movie review



I watched the movie simply because I believe that Eraserheads is one of the most influential musicians in the Philippines. I grew up listening to their songs. I adored them, idolized them, and it even came to point in my life that I studied and played the drums and be part of a rock band. As I saw the trailer of the movie, I also wanted to know who plays who among the characters in the songs of Eheads: Shirley, Toyang, Jay, Aling Nena.

The movie, indeed reminded me of high school. I wasn’t able to attend the several reunions of our batch, simply because I worked then in Manila. Some batch mates are already working abroad, so expectedly, the turn-out of the reunions was unsatisfactory. But hey, there’s always facebook to keep us informed of the whereabouts and activities of each other.

In the movie, one main character said, Cool naman tayo nung high school, sikat naman tayo. Ano nangyari sa atin ngayon?

I can’t help but ponder. Not all those who graduated with honors became the richest of our batch. In fact, most of those working abroad now were the quiet ones seated at the back, and those not belonging to the top sections. Having lots of money does not necessary equate to happiness, but then again, in reality, the status of a person is attributed to his wealth, whether you will agree with me or not.

Now that I have HIV, and probably the only one in my batch who has HIV, I oftentimes ask myself, what happened to me? I was studious, I had lots of friends, and modesty aside, I even graduated 9th from our batch. There are some questions that I know I wouldn’t be able to answer now, but maybe some questions are just more powerful than the answers. And maybe it will take some time to discover the answers to those questions.

Shirley (played by Bangs Garcia) is one of the characters closest to reality. From being referred to as “manang” in the batch, she eventually became a model for sexy magazines. In high school, I’m really glad to see batch mates becoming doctors and lawyers, others became fond of travelling, exploring the world, engaging in meaningful activities such as photography, teaching, and even preaching. It’s amazing to see people who you wouldn’t imagine being the persons they are now.

Did high school define me? I thought it did, as I still am the person who strives to do good in whatever I do.

Did I become as successful as my classmates and teachers said I would? I thought so, until HIV got me. But hey, I was just born recently, March 29, 2012. I still have lots of years ahead of me to become successful once again. And that’s being positive.

No, this is not a movie review. It’s just me and my random thoughts.



Currently have 2 comments:

  1. Yes it's true. Herbal is real. I'm so happy now cos all of my wasted years are gone, does years of tears and sorrows. I was diagnosed of Genital Herpes, I never believed myself been affected with Herpes Until now.I heard so much about the virus.I was so ashamed of myself to show up publicly. My doctor ,had to give me the Antibiotics like the acyclovir, which only helps to reduce outbreak, and I was concerned with cure cose the rashes where so painful and uncomfortable to my life .I thought I should engage consuming much of friuts, and vegetables for remedy still nothing to sure whenever I goes for checkup. With time, I became interested with Herbs and I decided to check online if there could be possible remedy regarding to what my friend Lucy told me about Dr. Awada herbal medicine that saved her Aunts life from Aunt from the Cancer iv haven visited many hospitals no cure to show. I had to try my luck believing God for cure. Collected the mail and contacted the herbalist for possible remedy and requested for the Herpes medicine. He was so kind, cos have spent almost everything with me then, he prepared and sent the medicine with guidelines of how to apply at a very low price. I do received the medicine and used as instructed, I became to feel relieved and more energy in me,the blisters where gradually diminishing till I could see them no more. I quickly went to check for checkup and I was cured from the Herpes. No sign till date.Thanks so much to all those who contribute to my breakthrough. Dr.Awada can cure you and you will be happy in less than 2 weeks. write back if you got cure so the world will know what to do to reduce herpes and other most deathly virus in the world.Kindly contact Dr Awada drawadaherbalhome@gmail.comrequest for your herbal medicine for all sickness, including HIV/AIDS,HPV,CANCER, DIABETES, HEPATITIS, KIDNEY FALIUR WEEK ERECTION,LOW SPAM COUNT, FIBROIDS,....GET YOUR CURE NOW

    drawadaherbalhome@gmail.com

  2. Am Laura Mildred by name, i was diagnosed with Herpes 4 years ago i lived in pain with the knowledge that i wasn't going to ever be well again i contacted so many herbal doctors on this issue and wasted a large sum of money but my condition never got better i was determined to get my life back so one day i saw Mr. Morrison Hansen post on how Dr. Emu saved him from Herpes with herbal medicine i contacted Dr. Emu on his Email: Emutemple@gmail.com we spoke on the issue i told him all that i went through and he told me not to worry that everything will be fine again so he prepared the medicine and send it to me and told me how to use it, after 14 days of usage I went to see the doctor for test, then the result was negative, am the happiest woman on earth now thanks to Dr. Emu God bless you. Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com Whats-app or Call him +2347012841542 


Leave a Reply

Your email is never published nor shared.